I thought a lot about using Fate Points and / or Luck Points in the Morgenstern game. Here are some initial thoughts and ieas about using luck in MFRP:
- PCs may use Luck Points to re-roll any one failed test, such as characteristics check, skill check etc.;
- PCs may use Luck Points to add one degree of success to the result of the test (even after rolling a dice);
- Starting number of Luck Points is equal to one plus one per each stat score ended by number seven;
- Dying PC may "push his luck" to avoid death but must have at least one Luck Point still available. I will make an appropriate table with some effects of such deed (see below);
- I don't know how Luck Points should be restored - in WFRP style, once per game session, or maybe during some extraordinary deeds / purchased with XP. Any help with it will be appreciated :)
I'm still not sure how to handle the role of Luck Points as Fate Points - it's fairly powerful option to not decrease number of LP by one, but if I create the table of "death and avoiding it" correctly, it may be enough. Basic ideas about table entries:
- It wasn't your day - you die anyway (result of 00 on d100);
- Bonus 100xp for surviving near-death experience;
- Additional insanity points;
- Demon or maybe even Chaos God sensing the "disturbance" and centering his attention on the PC;
- Wrath of god?
- Additional critical effect?
- Nasty mutilation?
- Your luck is ending - permanently decrease number of Luck Points by one.
If you have better / additional ideas about it - feel free to drop a comment :)